|Electrostatic Powder Coating
Powder Coating is an advanced method of applying a dry decorative and protective finish to a wide range of material products. The electrostatic charged Powder that is used for this processes is a mixture of pigments and resin positively charged, sprayed onto the grounded part to be coated. The charged powder adheres to the grounded part and is melted and fused into a solid coating in a curing oven. This results in a unique high quality attractive finish.
Attributes of Powder Paint
Preparation, Process and Equipment
- Tough Hard Coat finish
- Attractive with No Brush Strokes
- Highly Durable
- Scratch Resistant
- Very Versatile
- Long Lasting
- NO V.O.C. (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- Full Recovery of Overspray
- Wide Range of Special Effects from Veins to Hammertones to Metallics and Sparkles
- The Removal of all Oils, Soils, Grease, Metal Oxide, Welding Scale, Bondo, Body Filler and Rust. This can be done in a variety of Chemical and Mechanical methods. The cleaning selection is dependant upon size of part, severity of dirt or rust and the required finish.
- The Pre Baking is a very important step in the finishing of all heavy metals, the impurities and oils trapped in the pores are baked out at 375 degrees to avoid any outgassing or bubbling below the finishing.
- The surface preparation based on paint manufactures recommendation and part to be powder coated vary from a 5 stage Pretreatment Spray, Zinc Rich Primers, Aluminum Wash Primers to Zinc/ Aluminum Metallizing.
- The Powderlike paint is sprayed through an Electro Charged Powder Spray Gun in a grounded powder collecting booth onto the grounded substrate.
When the Thermoset Powder is exposed to a temperature of 350 degrees or higher it begins to form a skin by a slow melt, flows out and the chemically reacts to form a high molecular weight polymer in a special network structure.
- The Wrapping and Packaging is done to make sure your finished powder coated piece whether big or small is protected to meet any problems before it arrives at its final destination.
Avant Guards Coatings is a proud member of The Society of Protective Coatings (SSPC).
Avant Guards Coatings is a certified applicator of the following powder coatings: